Friday, May 17, 2013

Update of the Aquaponics Build at Sowles Well Service~ May 16th 2013

The Aquaponics Build Brought to You

by

 Poetry Writes & Other Stuff

from 

Sinbad the Sailor Man


 Update of the Aquaponics Build at Sowles Well Service May 16th 2013

Published on May 16, 2013
 
Recorded on May 16, 2013 using a Flip Video camera. Oh Happy Day! The Big tank is set and ready to be filled. We have the Greenhouse rails. Pressure treated 2x6 and 2x4's. They still need to be installed upon the poles and the end will need to be temporarily braced until the Hoops are installed.

We are going to be using Cattle panel fencing to create our Hoops As they are cheap fast and easy and they appear to be much more sturdier then the single pole Hooping.

There is a posting here at the Water, Plants, and Fish? Blog Called Greenhouse~ "Homemade with Cattle Panels" : http://waterplantsandfishgrowyourown.... You can Kind of see what we are trying to duplicate here in this video. Well I will be posting this new Video there soon I got to get a shower because I stink.

TTFN
CYA Later Taters
Thanks for watching.

Donnie/ Sinbad the Sailor Man

Well Mother Nature Got me again today rain rain go away come again some other day Little Donnie Wants to Play with His Aquaponics Garden. Yeah a I am a little off or out there some times but aren't we all ? You got to live a little.  

Well I will get some help tomorrow and we will see about getting the rails up and Maybe get some more bricks and some re-purposed wood for shoring and leveling the beds and NFT Piping. I will also see If I can't get some wire run and buried and A Box to power the Green House Lighting. I will be trying to find 6 mil. Plastic at least 50x25 for this House and If everything goes well and I get some more support and help with this Venture. Then I will invest in a standard Greenhouse cover. 

I am still looking for Fish and If I missed out on the seasons offerings. I will go Sane the near by creeks or start off with a ton of cheap gold fish and use them for feeders later. I spotted a metal through over at my uncles. I'll see if I can't talk him out of it for a worm bed to raise some Red Wigglers to eat the algae that will grow in the rock beds [the flood and drain system] part of our build, but I won't need them for several weeks or even a couple of months. Which will give them time to reproduce and get acclimated to the trough. Then I'll see if I can't find some good buckets and try to build a couple of Solider Fly traps also. These both will help fed the fish as they grow and offset the cost of feeding them. as both of these are free and easy to catch and gather quickly out here in the country.

I talked to my cousin also about building an old time Ice House since we have all the available requirements to build one. The dirt mounds and a pond near by. There will be more talk on this later, a combo Root Cellar Ice House would be a nice thing to have if the Grid every did go down fully or for a longer length of time.  Or if the prices jump off the scales overnight.

Well I am still a ways away from pluming and turning the water on. But I do want to start my seedlings this coming week. Maybe that will set a fire under my butt, will see. I have got to run. I am way behind posting into my other Blogs, but as I have said before. I do believe this to be a greater priority just now.

TTFN
CYA Later Taters
Thanks for watching.

Donnie/ Sinbad the Sailor Man 

1 comment:

  1. If you enroll in Vemma The Truth you may be confronted with a variety of methods to gain extra cash. You have to tap the online industry as you can in essence promote in order to any person around the world, and thus boosting your own multilevel in addition to increasing your own name after a while.

    ReplyDelete