Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Hey All How you Doing? An Update of the Aquaponics Build @ Sowles Well Service

Update of the Aquaponics Build at Sowles Well Service May 14th 2013

The Aquaponics Build Brought to You
by
Poetry Writes & Other Stuff
from
Sinbad the Sailor Man

Published on May 14, 2013
 
Well the grass has been cut and the yard is dry and I have built the dirt box. Which will raise the one thousand gallon water tank up to the three foot level at Its bottom and about eight foot tall at the very tip top of the tank. Which will allow me to gravity fed the grow beds and everything else below the eight - to three foot level of this tank.

I wasn't able to get to the lumber today and I will need to cut the tallest corner pole level with the top of the dirt box. I will leave the other three to lock the tank in position when It is empty. It could possibly be knock off the box by some of these freak winds we have been getting around here as of late. No worries once It is filled and cycling.

I will put some water in it to check the levelness of It about two inches and if that looks good I filler up.
TTFN
CYA Later Taters
Thanks fer watching.

Donnie/ Sinbad the Sailor Man

The Dirt that Filled the Dirt Box

Published on May 14, 2013
 
From the Video of May 14th 2013 Aquaponics Greenhouse Build. This box of dirt is a stand for a one thousand gallon water tank that will supply this green house in case of a prolonged power outage. I might think a bit on a little windmill for two reasons one to aerate the system and two to keep the one thousand gallon tank filled in case of a power outage. This will be part of a blog post eventually here soon. You will be able to find all this garden's build postings here plus many others done by many other Aquaponics Farmers.

Well I got to run and buy some Lottery Tickets for the Mega Ball & PowerBall. Tonight It is my turn to win.

TTFN
CYA Later Taters
Thanks for watching.

Donnie/ Sinbad the Sailor Man

Well while I am sitting here still waiting on my Videos to load and become available for posting here at Blogger I will go ahead and tell ya all where we're at with the Aquaponics Build.  The greenhouse poles are in and ready to be plumbed and packed. I have to get some uni-seals about fifteen to get started. I'll get them Online I think. I will still need to line up Fish, decide on which ones and what size. I still need to start my seedlings going, but I want to make sure I have enough of the system plumed and cycling correctly before I start the seeds to growing. As I am planning to use Pond water to water my starts and jump start the system here. I expect they will have no problem catching up if I can get them in the system by the end of May.

I still have a lot of work to do. Leveling and cutting holes for the NFT system of the Build and I will need to raise the Six foot by 15 inch swimming pools to about  20" inches off the ground. These will be the DWC part of the Build and I need to set and level the Flood and Drain troughs, the Fish tanks, and much, much more. I'll need to find some old planks 1X4x10's most likely to place under my cement blocks to aid in this leveling process as the wood chips are a pain at times to get leveled.

I still need to place a sump pit in which most likely will be a trench. I'll dig it with the Mini-Excavator. Then I'll frame it out with some pressure treated plywood. This trough will be the lowest part of the system and the one thousand gallon tank will be the highest part of the system.

Well I have got to run I need a shower and some time to surf the net and post some twittering.

TTFN
CYA Later Taters
Thanks for watching.

Donnie/ Sinbad the Sailor Man

No comments:

Post a Comment